Your next opportunity awaits! Browse our openings here:
Seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for Immediate Care Center and Primary Care physician office.
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of our physicians and physician assistants.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information appropriately on patients' charts.
- Perform tests, i.e. pregnancy tests, urinalysis, strep tests, EKG’s, etc.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy services as needed.
- Assists with procedure set-ups and treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or physician assistants.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include assisting with inventory and stocking of supplies.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Uses planning and collaboration skills to maintain optimum work flow in the clinical area, including flexing assignments, cross coverage and continuous communication with peers to identify obstacles.
- Utilizes technical skills and knowledge of the computerized scheduling systems to help record procedures and facilitate appointment scheduling and access to care.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program in Illinois.
- Medical Assistant certification is required. Certified by the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)-preferred.
- CPR certified
- Work Experience: One or more years of experience preferred in a healthcare setting
- Must have phlebotomy certification and experience.
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system.
- General working knowledge of PC. Programs such as Excel and Microsoft Word for Windows.
- Experience with computerized appointment scheduling.
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting and transporting supplies and instruments.
Accountability and professionalism:
- Providing compassionate care to our patients.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with all physicians, physician assistants and staff.
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving, multi-tasking, and accountability.
- Collaborate with team to have patient questions and issues addressed promptly.
- Provide anticipatory guidance for patients in terms of when to expect results and further information/instructions.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by all aspects of HIPAA.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by abiding by all aspects of OSHA.
- Adhere to all Practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Competitive Hourly Rate with incentives for performance.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental and vision for full time employees
- 401K with company match after one year
- Six (6) paid holidays.
*If you feel you are a candidate that would complement our team we invite you to send your resume, a cover letter and schedule availability to Awlene at Awlene@evergreencarecenter.com or fax to 708-423-9021.